Friday, February 14, 2003

Todays is big to me... I am SO sick of smug pseudointellectuals who have some idea that I am stupid. I actually had a person here say something to the effect of "you're still reading that, does your head hurt?" I was reading something on communist china online to try to get a history about a book I'm reading. This was after yesterday's comment of "What're you reading, stewardesses in love?" I am so annoyed by this. I looked at him and said "I'm not as stupid as you apparently think I am".. (Ok not the best come back and people who usually have to say things like I'm deep or I'm a nice person usually aren't, but still..) And he says "well you know since I've never seen you read a news paper or anything.." since when is reading a newspaper a sign of intelligence??!! AARRGGHHH!!! Now one might wonder why this is bothering me so much.. I think it's because I HATE being condescended to... grrrr....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home