Wednesday, November 26, 2003

So this stupid grocery store strike has finally affected me. I could give a rat's ass if those strikers get what they want, but I have only crossed the picket line twice only because I tend to avoid confrontation when getting my ass kicked is a possible outcome. The first time was last week with my bad ass looking boss so I wasn't really worried and nothing much happened. The second time, this morning, was a little icky.

I signed up to bring brownies to our work potluck today. Of course, I forgot to buy brownies last night on the way home and no way in hell was I making any brownies. The only stores near my job are strike stores and richy rich stores, so I chose a richy strike store: Pavilions. I chose this one because previously I had seen only one or two strikers at a time there. When I pull up, I see half a dozen ladies outside. I get a little tiny bit nervous. They are all chatting happily, but as I approach, they all quit talking and turn to stare at me. Yikes! I don't make eye contact, but one of them says "Good morning" to me. I said it back and hurried in.

I looked all over the bakery section and even asked the guy behind the counter - no brownies. No. Freaking. Brownies. They did, however, have sugared brownie bites, so I bought two containers of those. As I left the store, none of the ladies said anything to me. Then I noticed one who looked like she was following me to my car. Eeee! Turns out another car had just pulled in with her striker friend in it and she was going to talk to him.

I know... a lot of drama for very little story. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home