Tuesday, December 23, 2003

I wait in the long line at Starbucks this morning to finally get a Caramel Apple Cider. I had tried to get one a couple weeks ago but they were out of apple cider and I have been thinking about it ever since. When I get back out to my car I see that a large black SUV has parked so close to my car that I can barely get in. I open my door really hard to hit their car and I get into mine. It is too cramped so, in the process, my drink slams against my car, popping the lid off and splashing about 1/3 of the venti all over me and my car. Mostly me. Mostly right on my pants.

Of course, I am livid. I throw the rest of my stuff in the car and I go back into Starbucks. I ask loudly who drives the black Denali. No one answers. I ask a couple more times, again with no response. The counter person who served me asks if she can help me, so I tell her what happened, more because I am pissed than out of any belief that she can actually help me.

I go back outside and I look at the other shops. No other shop is open, so I know that person is in Starbucks. Did I mention that it is lightly raining? Anyway, I glance back and forth between my apple cider and the windshield of the Denali for a few moments before I splash my apple cider over as much of the windshield as I can cover. I leave the steaming cup on the hood and get in my car and drive away.

Epilogue:
I drove to Lane Bryant and bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt for $42.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home