Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Before I let the floodgates open, thank you Michelle for allowing me to exorcise some of my demons. Jupiter is definitely not aligned with Mars because I am feeling no love this month. Sigh.

Kitty Demon
I somehow managed to forget that I don't have much luck with cats. The scars on my arms and hands are too faded to be a reminder, I suppose. I invited an adorable young kitty (named Poo) to live with me until we could find a suitable home for her. Poo didn't really take to me or my super chilled out crib. She managed to find a vent behind my fridge (of course I didn't know it was there, people don't actually clean behind their fridges do they? No, they just move). This vent which quite possibly leads to the bowels of my building and is likely home to two-headed rats became her new favourite place. An easy choice when your only other option is a cozy, furry little kitten bed. Needless to say, the cat refused to show herself in the light of day or while I was awake. I heard her eating and drinking and had to clean up after her, but she wouldn't hang out with me. Kind of like a boy I once dated. After several unsuccessful attempts to catch her and keep her out of the vent, I finally resorted to using a trap to catch her. I caught her and now she's going to a happier place (a new mom, not kitty heaven). Phew. I am sad that 5 pounds of fur could cause me so much anguish. And of course I brought her in to work this morning and she was perfectly behaved and adorable.

Polite, eh?
Not wanting to ruin the myth that all Canadians are polite, I tried to do a nice thing. A friend of mine invited a friend of his from Toronto to come and visit him. He then proceeded to leave town for the weekend so she was stuck in a city where she knows no one. Being from Toronto, I figured I'd show her around and take her to hang out with my very lovely American friends. I'd never met her before. I didn't even know her name until she called me. Here's how it all went down:
- She called me at 10 am on Saturday to say she'd be in SM at 7pm. I say great, I'll pick you up and you can come to dinner/drinks with me and my friends
- At 5:30 she calls to tell me that her ride got sick, she couldn't get a shuttle to LAX to rent a car so she's stuck in Anaheim
- I offer to pick her up in Anaheim, even though it's at least an hour to get there
- The entire evening, she was extremely loud, obnoxious and rude, generalizing about Americans (to my US friends) and complaining about everything American. I wonder if she realized that Los Angeles is actually in America and that my friends who are extremely cool might be slightly offended by her crap. I don't think she did.
- The next day, feeling like maybe she was just tired and jetlagged, I took her to Beverly Hills (saw Rod Stewart) and Hollywood. Same crap. She sucks. My friend returned from his weekend of sin in Las Vegas and I politely declined an invitation to hang out with them last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home