Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Dear Travel Journal,

It is with a heavy heart and weary mind that I return to my hated home of Corporatonia. My visit to Vacationland provided some much needed perspective. I am counting the days until I can end my stay in Corporatonia. Perhaps by the beginning of Summer, I will have found a new homeland.

I am suffocating here. All creativity, motivation, will to live is being sucked from my body with each freeway mile, each millisecond spent sitting in this cubicle. It makes it even harder to bear when I hear about others who are breaking free. Granted, some of them are just moving to a new place within Corporatonia. Maybe the grass really is greener over there. Best of luck to them.

Some candidates for my move include Beachnation, Part-Time Island and the United Kingdom of Freelancing. I am looking into it and I will keep you updated, Travel Journal, but for now I must put on a brave face and go to the weekly ritualistic ceremony that the natives of Corporatonia call the staff meeting.

Until next time,

Michelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home