Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I didn't care much for the grocery strike that was going on here. It is finally over for those of you out of state. The strikers didn't really get anything that they wanted, yet they are saying that they did.

I think that unions are a thing of the past and at the beginning of this strike, I said I would try to go to only non-union stores to reward companies that don't use union labor. That pretty much left me with Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, which isn't too bad; those are great stores. Then Bryan got food poisoning and I had to run out to the store to get him some stuff so I went to the most convenient store, which is Ralph's. The union workers were technically only striking Vons, but Albertson's and Ralph's locked out their union workers in solidarity. I go in and pick up what I need and a couple other things. Then, when I am nearly finished, I start noticing all these specials, like 5 packages of pasta for $5, or 2 jars of pasta sauce for $4, or 4 cans of Chef Boy-ar-dee for $4. Well, I did not get out of there for under $80 and all I was going in for, really, was Gatorade and buttwipes. I will not be lured again by their awesome deals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home