Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Lest you think I am faking my illness and enjoying my day, I present here a running log of events. Check back throughout the day.

Dark AM: Bryan calls in sick for me since I can barely speak through the drips coming from the post nasal region. He leaves for work. I fall back asleep with a cough drop in my mouth.
8:51 AM: I wake up. I take one of each kind of medicine and herbal remedy sitting on the nightstand. I don't know if it is a cold or allergies or what, but I want this thing gone by tomorrow. I notice that 90210 is starting soon, so I grab some organic cereal with organic milk, hoping that the good karma will also help kick the sickness, and settle back into bed. I blow my nose about half a dozen times.
9:30 AM: 90210 is so boring that I decide to check my email. Unfortunately, we don't have a wireless network, so this involves getting out of bed again. More assmonkey meetings have been scheduled for the day of my LASIK and I have the distinct pleasure of being able to cancel on a meeting that he had rescheduled to today since I am not at work. Everyone's IM is set to away so I go back to bed. I watch a short on IFC that contains the stories of Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, some Spanish dictator and Chairman Mao, each told in their own words. It is very interesting and I feel smart for about half an hour. I blow my nose about three or four times.
10:30 AM: I check my email again. There isn't really anything interesting there. Nikki and Joanne return from Away and I IM with them for a little bit.
11:00 AM: I go downstairs to let the dog out and decide to have a bowl of vegetable soup. While I am eating my soup, I watch part of Sketch Artist II: The Hand that Sees. It stars Courtney Cox as a blind community college instructor who is attacked. Jonathon Silverman plays her husband. It is very, very bad. I make some orange juice. The dog catches his treats in the air. We both head back upstairs where I blow my nose twice.
11:30 AM: I finish typing this and then go back to bed to read Jennifer Crusie's new novel, Bet Me, for awhile. I am almost done with my OJ and I use the last of it to wash down some TheraFlu caplets.
12:20 PM: I don't read any of Bet Me. Instead, I watch a couple more shorts on IFC then take a nap when I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Maybe it is the TheraFlu.
2:00 PM: I wake up, quite warm since I had turned the A/C down (up? whatever equals a warmer temp) earlier. I lay in bed thinking about what to do next. My cell phone rings. I answer and realize I sound like death. My voice is very creaky but head no longer feels stuffy. This is much more like it felt the last time I had the post nasal drip, so now I am back to thinking it is allergies.
2:17 pm: After getting off the phone with the realtor, I check my email. He has sent a crop of listings to check out in the valley. Since my head no longer feels like a brick, I think about getting dressed, brushing my hair and driving down to have a look at them. I update the blog.
3-5 pm: Still fairly groggy from the nap and the TheraFlu, heading to the valley at the start of rush hour sounds like a fine idea to me, so I go to look at the listings the realtor sent. Only two of the seven are worth looking at. The others were kind of ghetto. I call him on my way back home and arrange to look at the places later in the evening.
5:30 pm: I finally make it home and I have just enough time to eat a sandwich, check my email for the two additional listings sent by the realtor, then head over to his office.
6:30 pm: I meet Bryan at the realtor's office. The realtor does some calling around on those last two listings to try to arrange viewings.
7:00 pm: Back to the valley. We check out the two listings plus one from my earlier valley trek. The first one is a decent size, is decent inside and has a pool with a good sized yard. The second one is big, better inside and out and has a cute, good-sized yard. The third one is big, crappy inside and out and has a pool. We go back to look at the second one again. It really is a nice house. It has 4 beds, 1.75 baths, hardwood floors and tile throughout, central A/C, but no dishwasher. Yikes.
9:00 pm: We are back in the realtor's office writing up an offer for the second house. We offer the asking price of $450k.
10:30 pm: I stop at Sav-On on the way home because I keep forgetting to fill the prescription for the antibiotic eyedrops that I need to take with me to my LASIK surgery tomorrow.
11:00 pm: For some reason, I think it is a good idea to update the blog instead of going straight to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home