Monday, March 22, 2004

Realtors

At least in SoCal, they make waaaaay too much fucking money for doing nothing but putting your house in the fucking MLS. If I knew that it would be this easy, I would have saved $17k and listed the house myself. What a joke. Amazing how people so stupid can do so well for themselves.

Old Fart Realtors

Ok, we're talkin' like 80+ fucking years old. Get this, our lender (Wells Fargo) had to send someone out to do an appraisal of our property about 2 months ago (we wanted to extend our HE line of credit). Who did they send? An elderly couple, each easily over 75. Now, I usually don't bag on old folks. I mean, there are some pretty cool old people out there (Arnold Palmer, Clint Eastwood and that old dude that warter skiis barefoot come to mind). So, I gave this couple the benefit of the doubt. But after they left, I had a funny feeling inside. Like they didn't know what the hell they were doing. Here are some of the signs I was given...

  • The wife (think "where's the beef" lady, only 20 years older and more petite) farted in my presence, freaked when she couldn't find her "lead" - apparently, this is what old fucks call pencils - and told me (yes, told me) to go outside and get her "lead" from her husband. Not to mention that she was too frail to stand and... she drooled.

  • When I mentioned that I worked for Realtor.com, all I got in return was a confused look. Then I began to explain what the Internet was until I realized they weren't even paying attention to me.

    4 Weeks later, we get a call from our lending rep. The house appraised at $347k, $40k below the average list price of homes in our area (our home is not average in features). At which point, I yelled out loud "goddamn fucking old mother fuckers. I KNEW IT!". Our lender told us that they were using comp data from 7 months ago!!!!!! AAAAAAAH.

    Now, to my Realtor's credit, she was able to get us the comp data that we needed to get the rate we wanted. And what did we do in return??? Didn't use the data and instead, we let her sell us another house and gave her $17k in the process.

    Guess Realtors aren't too stupid after all.

    --Bomb--
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home