Monday, March 08, 2004

This is not really a peeve, not yet anyway. In case you don't know, our dog is crate trained. He likes his crate. He doesn't pee in his crate. He stays in the crate when we are not home. I have never really liked that, though. I feel bad for him that we don't have a yard so that he can be outside all day. However, when he was a puppy, he would have had the house destroyed in less than an hour if left unattended.

Well, a couple times, we have accidently left him out of his crate. One time, as Bryan and I were leaving, the dog got into his crate and Bryan and I both walked out, thinking the other had shut the crate. When we got home, the dog was waiting at the door and trash was strewn about the kitchen. Remarkably, nothing else in the house was touched. Since then, we have been contemplating letting him roam about the house while we are gone.

Yesterday, I was out shopping (it is my wifely duty to buy new clothes and shoes for myself) and Bryan had to go out for a little while. He locked the trash in the bathroom and closed all the doors in the house. The dog was free!

When I returned early from shopping, I checked the entire house. The only thing the dog had done that he was not supposed to was take the hand towel off the vanity in the master bedroom. (The door to the bedroom doesn't latch properly, so he was able to push it open.) Later that day, we went out for about four hours and left the dog free again. He was a very good boy. He didn't even break into his dog treats which were easily accessible.

Today, the dog will be home alone and roaming around for 10-11 hours. We'll see if this turns into a peeve tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home