Monday, March 29, 2004

You said it would happen, but I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to think that it could happen to me.

Target has failed me.

I was running late to get to my mom's house for her birthday on Sunday evening. Bryan and I stopped in at Target to buy her a present. We spent ages picking out a card then we went to the little decorator sort of section. I found these cute wooden candle holders that hold ball candles. Then we went through the rest of the housewares section to make sure there wasn't something better, grabbed a book for her from the book section, picked up a couple ball candles, spent a few minutes picking wrapping, and went to the check out. There were only three registers open, so we waited in line for a few minutes. As the checker was ringing up our purchases, there seemed to be a problem. She stopped and said, "I can't sell you this. It is a recalled item." The freaking candlestick holders were recalled.

She had to take off the candles, the gift bag, the tissue paper and the ribbon. I suggested that they may want remove the recalled items from the freaking shelves. We had to end up getting my mom a gift certificate in addition to the book. We wasted like half an hour in there when we were already late. Asshats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home