Monday, April 19, 2004

I did a good deed today.

I had to go to the doctor's office to get some blood drawn. As I was about to head up the stairs, I noticed an older Mexican couple looking confused. The man looked just like my great-grandfather. Skin the color of a tobacco leaf. Straw cowboy hat.

I caught the man's eye and he motioned as if he needed help. Neither of them spoke any English. He showed me a paper that looked like a referral from one doctor to another. I found the doctor they were looking for on the directory and walk them to their doctor's office before heading to the lab. I was nice and friendly the whole time and I spared them any feeble attempts to try to speak to them in Spanish.

Then I got to the lab and found out that there was an hour wait so I went to lunch instead of having my blood drawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home