Thursday, April 08, 2004

I have been so busy this afternoon. Working. On getting the dog into a kennel. I am beginning to think that me getting into grad school next year is going to be easy compared to getting the dog into a kennel during Spring Break/Passover/Easter.

We have to kennel the dog because we have workers (tile, baseboards) coming in over the next few days and right after that we are going to start showing the condo to get it sold.

All week I have been totally screwed up on what day it is due to working only two days last week and taking Monday off (Dodger opening day wasn't even worth it) this week, so I keep forgetting to call around for a kennel for the dog because I am not driving him all the way up to freaking Lancaster to his old kennel.

All the kennels except for one are totally booked. The one? New Leash on Life is like the freaking Ritz for the dog. He gets his own bungalow for a mere $45 per night. WTF?! I can take him to the K9 Country Club that costs $22 per night, but not until the 13th. So I book the freaking dog into the freaking Ritz (this is getting really hard to write without cursing) and am told that I need to bring a copy of the dog's shots. Where the f*ck am I going to get a copy of the dog's shots? I call the husband who is in freaking Canada on business to ask him where the dog goes to get his shots. Oh, the dog is not current on his shots. Seriously.

At this point it has taken me over an hour to even find a place to put the dog and now he can't even go there because the husband has not kept up the dog's shots? (No, it isn't equally my responsibility because the husband came with the dog and the dog, therefore, is not mine.) Fortunately, the first vet I try has an opening tonight at 6 pm, so I can take the dog in for his shots to the tune of $68. This means that I have to cancel my one week follow-up with the eye doctor that was scheduled for this evening. (Vision holding strong at 20/15 one week post-LASIK.)

Since the husband doesn't return from Canada until tomorrow afternoon and I can't leave the tilers in the house by themselves, Cesar said he would come over and hang out for a few hours because I have to leave at 11 am to take the dog to freaking dog paradise and then go over to the new house to meet with the inspector and the realtor at Noon. I can't say that this is a hardship on Cesar since every time I call his house these days, I hear screaming children in the background.

Once I make it through tomorrow, there are like 9000 other things we need to do to get the condo ready to sell. Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home