Wednesday, April 14, 2004

This morning I made my weekly visit to the hellmouth (staff meeting). We were fortunate enough to have a presentation today. My male boss swore that this presentation, which he has seen before, would get all of us excited about the upcoming enterprise-wide project. I realize now that he was playing fast and loose with the definition of "excited." This meeting wasn't different than any other meeting I have ever attended where someone talks about what we need to do to fix the company.

The following are some things heard at the meeting:
1. "unelegant" -- Although technically acceptable, I would expect someone with a Masters degree in English to use the more accepted "inelegant."
2. "uniquely different" -- This in from the Department of Redundancies Department.
3. "We need to eat our own dog food." -- WTF? Even given the context of the discussion, I still cannot decipher this one. I think it may be some bastardization of "you made your bed and now you have to lie in it" but I really don't know.
4. "This will be interesting to you analysts." -- This from the male boss who, again, seems not to have a good grasp of the definitions of common words.
5. "We need to work our butts off - excuse my French." -- Huh? Wuh? "Butts" is a bad word for four-year-olds, but beyond that age, I don't think you will find too many people who are offended by that statement.
6. "Die, die, die" -- Although this wasn't verbalized, I did hear it in my head.

The best part of the day so far has been when Nikki and I skipped out on the team lunch to welcome the new member of the team in order to go to Souplantation and Target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home