Wednesday, April 28, 2004

What is the second worst thing Michelle has ever done?

I was just reminded of something mean I did once. In college, there was this girl named April who none of us really liked that much. She may have lived in our dorm or something. I forget how we knew her.

One day at lunch, she spotted us in the cafeteria. She said hi and set her tray down and then went off to get a drink. We were almost done, so we thought it would be funny if we all grabbed up our trays and left before she came back.

She didn't think it was that funny. Sometime later that week, she cornered me and told me how mean it was and that she sat there and cried. I apologized and said, honestly, that we weren't trying to be mean, that we just thought it would be funny.

I have learned two lessons from that day. First, people who demand apologies don't ingratiate themselves to me. I have much greater respect for the person who seeks revenge or just tells me that I acted like an ass and I better knock it off before I get a punch in the mouth. Second, I learned that people who are mean to their very core think that mean things are funny and that those things really are funny but they are also mean so you should be careful to whom you do them or you might get punched in the mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home