Thursday, April 15, 2004

What is the worst thing Joanne has done?

Okay Michelle doesn't believe that I've never done anything wrong and she's probably ultimately right. One could argue that my sucking up work time by not doing anything productive is a bad thing... and to some extent, yes, yes it is. However when my boss spends an hour organizing files in the shared drive, I know it isn't just me who has nothing to do...

Lets see, take your pick:

I drank before I was 21 (ok really, who didn't?)
I have a tattoo and have never told my parents (really who would?)
I have had sex and have let them believe I will be a blushing bride... (If you knew my parents you'd understand why)
I have high bitch tendencies with my mom. I justify it with the fact that she's batshitcrazy and spent much of my youth making me unhappy.

I guess now that I've thought about it awhile, I threatened my mother. It was in response to a threat of her own, and I was 14 at the time and tired... We (both my parents, my kid sister and I) were in Mexico wandering the alleys etc. My sister and I were poking at each other as young people will do. She was probably 10. For the record, she started it. (She ALWAYS started it.) And my mother, tired, looked at me and said if you don't cut that out I'm going to beat you. A common threat in those days. I looked at her squarely and said "do not make threats you cannot carry out." She never threatened me with that again. I don't even know if she or my sister remember it, but for some reason I do. I guess because that was the moment the balance of power shifted in our relationship. I was bigger than she was at that time, and stronger and she knew it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home