Thursday, April 15, 2004

What is the worst thing Michelle has ever done?

I had this monster crush on a guy named Scott in college (not the Scott I actually dated). The last semester of my senior year it looked like I might actually be able to make things happen with him. He was in one of my classes and we sometimes shared notes. He and I would run into each other at the gym and chat. We had some friends of friends in common. All my girlfriends knew I was super crush in love with him.

Several months after graduation, one of my girlfriends fake-named Mona came by my house on a Saturday morning. She had been out the night before but I hadn't run into her. She told me that she had gone home with Scott. She continued to tell me of her evening in excruciating detail. My terse replies and apparent disinterest had no effect on her. She didn't even get the hint when I started ignoring her and cleaning my living room. In fact, she took a nap on my couch when she was done telling me the story.

I know, so far this could be called "What is the worst thing Mona ever did?" A couple weeks later I found out that the reason Scott took Mona home was that he and his buddies were having a dog fight. Scott won. No, I didn't tell Mona. That isn't the worst thing I have ever done.

A month or two later, a bunch of us were going to Vegas for New Year's; my girlfriends and Scott's buddies, but no Scott. Mona was delayed in Seattle and only made it for a few days. She also had to leave early, but while she was there she developed a big crush on Scott's friend Rob. They did seem to be hitting it off. Before she left she asked me to say good things about her to Rob so that he would like her. I said I would. No problem.

Later that night, we were all walking down the strip, completely smashed and I said something obnoxious to Rob like, "You should hook up with Mona. She likes you." He said he would rather hook up with one of Mona's friend. Totally drunk and not catching a clue, I made him spell out which friend. Oh, right. Me.

I had no interest in Rob, but the more he tried to woo me the more I realized this would be the perfect revenge on Mona who I still hadn't forgiven. I didn't sleep with Rob, but we did fool around mightily. When we all returned home, I didn't tell Mona about it, but I told another girlfriend knowing that it would get back to Mona. She never mentioned it to me.

Hard to say if I feel bad about what I did or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home