Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Home Buying Woes

Through no fault of my own... Ok, that's a lie. Even though it is entirely my and my husband's fault, I am still irritated. We have to extend escrow by a couple days because we didn't have the rest of our funds ready to buy the new house. The sellers are being total dicks and squeezing us for as much money as they can. At first they wanted a lump sum of $1000 for a four day extension. My Realtor told them to fuck off and countered with $100 per day. Dicks countered with $500, which my Realtor (with my permission) agreed to as long as it was stated as a rate of $125 per day since we knew it wouldn't take us four days.

We were planning to get the cashier's check and take it to the escrow company today at lunch. My Realtor called around 10:15 AM and tells me that it is in our best interest to get the check to the escrow company ASAP since the lender has a cut-off of 11:30 AM for next day funding. If we don't make the cut-off, then that is one more day that will cost us $125. The bank took for freaking ever to cut the check. We hit traffic on the way to the escrow company. When we got there, the escrow people were moving about as if in a slow motion play. We left the escrow company at 11:20 and may or may not be screwed out of an extra $125.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home