Thursday, May 13, 2004

Moving On

The number of peeves that revolve around moving from one house to another are too numerous to list here so I will just hit the highlights.
1- The movers marked up every single wall in the house.
2- I won't have broadband internet until 5/22. The husband swears that this was the earliest they could come that worked with our schedule. Until then, I have dial-up access in the evening when he comes home with his laptop.
3- Dial-up access is so slow that I can't publish my entire blog, so this post is probably still on the old template, if it even makes it to the web.
4- The unpacking seems to be endless.
5- I believe there are 17 Mexicans living in the house next to mine. Each of them has a car. (Don't even get on me about being racist; I am part Mexican.)
6- Mostly I am peeved about the internet thing. I miss being able to check my email 157 times a day. I miss checking all my regular blogs and sites hourly for new content. I miss chatting with my friends. No, I never did do any work at that old job of mine. I guess I better get used to not being able to do these things since I am guessing I will have to be a model employee at the new job.
7- We don't have TV yet, either. On the plus side, once we do get it, we will be getting Direct TV and TiVO. Yay!
8- I hope this post makes it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

You know... some of us have only ever used dial up (except when visiting friends) and we do just fine. :)

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home