Sunday, May 16, 2004

We're expecting you... on the Love Boat!

In fourteen hours I will be boarding the Ecstasy - the Carnival cruise ship headed for Ensenada, not the club drug. This cruise is doing double duty as a writers' conference for the sole purpose, I believe, of allowing me to write off the cruise from my taxes. In addition to the morning conference activities, my itinerary consists of tanning, reading, napping and drinking, not listed in order of importance. The only souvenirs I will be bringing back are the souvenir tiki god or coconut cups in which my pina coladas and margaritas will be served.

Have a good week, mis amigos. See? Practicing my Spanish already. All I really need, though, is, "Una pina colada, por favor," and "Donde esta el bano?" Did I mention that my new house is in the perfect location for brushing up on my Spanish? Every time I stop at a light there are numerous billboads awaiting translation. The one I saw tonight read, "Solo hay una. !Disfrutala!" It was an ad for Horchata.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Ahh... the jealousy I feel! :) I've never taken a cruise (unless the ferry ride from Haines to Ketchikan counts which since it did not involve pina coladas, margaritas or tanning I don't think it did.). Some day... Anywho... bring me back a refrigerator magnet! I don't have enough! :)

8:02 AM  
Blogger TIMMY! said...

JódaLo.

Thats all I have to say in Spanish.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home