Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Customer 'Care'

While most of the time I appreciate the fact that I don't have to talk to real people and can just go to a website to get the answers I need, I hate it when the website actually does NOT have the answer I need and I have to search all over the website to find some way to actually contact the vendor. Lately I've been getting email returned to my yahoo account that I didn't send. (This is actually the 2nd time this has happened, it has been happening sporadically with hotmail too). I tried to forward it to help@yahoo.com thinking I was clever. That email doesn't exist. I go to their help pages. Pages and pages of the most inane crap (how do I log in? How do I change my password, what are these people, retarded?), but nothing about this. Several minutes and many different searches later I finally find the form to email customer care. Hopefully they can do something for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

I have had both of those issues. The Yahoo Help section one and the returned email one. Let me know what they say about it. Also, when I have used that form before, I have had to email back and forth with them several more time to get the actual answer I needed.

On another note, I now have to answer Customer Care emails that come in through a web form. I only have to answer them on one specific area that I cover, but eventually I think I will have to answer all the generic consumer questions. All the business owners here have the answer their own customer support emails.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

One thing to keep in mind is that product managers here seem to be accountable for the performance of their products. This a novel concept at the last place where it can take years of poor performance sucking up resources for someone to finally admit that something isn't working.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Thank you David! You were far more helpful than the yahoobots that replied to my email the first time. I knew it wasn't someone hacking into my account or anything as extravagant as that, but I didn't want yahoo thinking I was the spammer.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home