Friday, June 11, 2004

Props

I know that I mostly gripe and complain, but I do give praise where it is due. These are some products that given greater than expected performances recently. I highly recommend them to you.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
This thing is freaking awesome. My new house came freshly painted but the previous owners had used flat paint throughout. It feels disgusting and is nearly impossible to keep clean. The movers made a mess of the wall. There were dirty, sweaty smudges at shoulder height, wheel scuffs down low from their dollies, and handprints around doorways. The husband had left pencil and pen marks on walls where he had installed things. Even the dogs were in on the action, leaving paw prints under a shelf where he had kept some treats. With the Magic Eraser and water alone - no cleanser, no elbow grease - I cleaned up every bit of it in under ten minutes. As an added bonus, I had been willing to pay the few dollars it cost for one sponge and was pleased to find that the box actually contained four sponges. I cannot say enough about this thing.

The Venus Razor
Some of the razors out there for women that tout an ergonomic shape or skin softening strip are not any better than the plastic disposal that come on a jumbo pack for 99 cents. This one is different. It isn't even because of the shape of the handle, which is nice. It is because you can let your legs get as hairy as a yeti's and this razor still won't clog. One pass under a stream of water and all the hair rinses out. That is enough to make me never want to switch. The only drawback is the price. It is a bit more expensive than the others.

TiVo
I do not know one person who has it who doesn't love it. I think TiVo has even more of a cult-like following than Apple. People leave the Apple fold all the time. I can't imagine anyone ever abandoning TiVo. The Season Pass is my favorite feature. I can set it to record every episode of a show so that I will never miss it and never had to remember when it is on. This is particularly helpful for Coupling on BBC America which starts at 8:40 or 9:20 on either Fridays or Sundays. I never did figure out when it is really on. Fast forwarding through commercials is like three times as fast as with a VCR and you don't have to worry about hitting Play at just the right time. Once you see that the show is on, you hit Play and it backs up a little on its own so that you don't miss a second of your show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I heart the magic eraser.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home