Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Smile Purty

My dentist, who I love so much, appears to not be doing a very good job. I just went to a different dentist to have a consultation about braces and he was surprised to hear that I just had my teeth cleaned a month ago due to the amount of inflammation in my gums. He was careful to say that it isn't because I don't brush well, but I know better. I hate flossing! Now I am paying the price. I have to go back in two days for a full mouth debridement. He is going to scrape all of my teeth clean below the gumline. I tell you, it sounds pleasant. I am sure it won't be at all uncomfortable.

The new dentist, Dr. Wang, also asked me if I had trouble with getting food caught between two certain teeth. There is this one spot on the upper left side of my mouth that catches anything remotely stringy like meat or nectarines. Turns out that my old dentist used a composite material to replace an the old metal filling that I had that was so large it encompassed portions of the biting surface and the surface between the two teeth. The composite material is not suited for this application and has cracked, catching food that passes through. Dr. Wang would like to replace it with a porcelain filling which, unfortunately, costs three times as much. I passed on that for now, but I have to get the debridement done because I can't get the Invisalign braces while my gums are inflamed.

T minus one year to straight teeth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

I am such a chicken shit. I cancelled my appointment to get my teeth scraped and rescheduled for next week. I can't face the torment yet. On the plus side, I found out that my dental insurance will cover $1000 of the braces.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home