Monday, July 05, 2004

Coupling

I am a bit peeved that I raved and raved about Coupling on BBC America and told everyone I know that they should watch and love it as I have and now that it is in its fourth season (or "series" in Britspeak) is sucks a bit of ass. The first and second seasons were hilarious. The third season was very funny. The fourth season has jumped the shark with the introduction of a character named Oliver who is meant to replace the beloved Jeff. They should have known better than to name a new character Oliver.

Another peeve... British seasons are quite short. This one is only like six or eight episodes, four of which have already aired. That leaves precious few with which this show can redeem itself. I do still recommend seasons one through three, all of which are available on DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home