Monday, July 26, 2004

Steve Poltz

Me, not being a hardworker and lacking something I keep hearing about called a "work ethic", I spend my time emailing random, semi-famous people. This one, surprisingly, emailed me back within the hour, which leads me to believe that entertainers are just like you and me, sitting at their computers trying to avoid getting anything done.


To: Steve Poltz
Subject: AK Song
Date: Mon 07/26/04 12:43PM

Steve,

I saw you perform about six or seven years ago in Anchorage, Alaska. You were opening for Jewel. The internet, not being then what it is today, contained no information about you whatsoever. Every couple of years I would remember that concert and remember your name and see if I could find out anything more. I was really glad to find your site the other day.

I played a couple of your songs for my husband, but he didn't really get it. I might have to divorce him.

At the concert with Jewel, you and she sang a duet that either had "rose" or "thorn" or maybe both in the title. Or maybe neither. Seriously, I might have been drunk at the time. Those were my college days.

Is that song, on the off chance that you know what song I am referring to, on any of your albums? If not, maybe you could just ring up Jewel and have her record it with you so that you can post it on your site just to please me. That would be great.

Tell Jewel I said hi. She might remember me from the concert. I was sitting about thirty rows back. The drunk one. Remember?

Thanks,
Michelle

------------------------------

To: Michelle
Subject: RE: AK Song
Date: Mon 07/26/04 1:17PM

hi michelle

the song to which you are referring is called "love is a rose." it was written by neil young and it is hard to find. but i am sure you will be able to. we never recorded it together or apart for that matter.

i remember that concert. i really had a great time there. i need to return. i hope this helps.

cheers
steve




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home