Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Mazda RX-8 Mileage

Ok. So, I got this really nice rice rocket about 5 or 6 months ago. I have very few complaints about the car. However, the complaints that I do have are quite major, with the mileage being the biggest. The manufacturer claims that the mileage is 18/24. I just took the car on a road trip to Monterey this weekend. I babied the throttle on the way home, kept it on cruise at like 75-79 mph. And what did I average? 20.1 MPG!!!! What the hell is this? What's worse, because of my drive to work everyday (through the Santa Susana Pass and Box Canyon), I regularly average about 16-17 MPG. If I knew that the mileage was going to be this poor, I would have kept my Mustang Cobra. Taking the car in for service soon and I guess that there is an adjustment that can be made to the computer to help improve the mileage. Stay tuned...

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

As Michelle would say... "You must suffer for your beauty!" That's the price you pay for getting a flashy little sports car... If you had just gone with a nice dadmobile like a Toyota Camry or a Honda Accord you would've gotten great mileage. :)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Adam, please write a consumer review for your car.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/ratings/ratingsIndex.jsp?tid=edmunds.g...5.1.*

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home