Sunday, October 31, 2004

Daylight Savings Time

You'd think since I've lived in states that participate in Daylight Savings Time for 11 of the last 12 years, I wouldn't still get all confused by it. I still do. Not so much confused as when I woke up this morning at what I thought was 7:10 and came out into the living room and the clock on the cable box said 6:10 I had a good 5 min of trying to figure out what was going on. (Of course since either way that is EARLY that's part of the problem). Of course, at least I'm not in Indiana anymore. The longest 8 months of my life. And the quirkiest thing... Daylight Savings Time by county. COUNTY! Who thought THAT was a brilliant idea? So not only is it daylight savings time in the next county over, but less than an hour away was the next timezone. It was altogether too confusing for me. I could never remember if I was in the "fast time" county or the "slow time" county.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

When I was in Arizona I HATED that they don't change the time. Even when I still worked at Homestore I hated it since I always had to talk to the people in the Scottsdale office. It took way too much time to think about if they were on the same time or an hour ahead. I was always scheduling meetings over someone's lunch time.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Oh, and I woke up at 8:50 this morning, thinking I really should get out of bed and get going. Then I realized it was only 7:50 and here I am still. All warm and snuggly.

8:12 AM  

<< Home