Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Here I go again...

I am applying for graduate programs for next year. I would really like to quit working and go back to school full time for a couple years, but right now I can't imagine how we could afford something like that. We just bought an expensive house. I can't seem to get spending under control. And on, and on, and on.

I think the money worry has been making me slack off about getting the things done that I need to get done to apply. I took a GRE study course in March and I only just this morning scheduled a date to take the test. I checked out the deadlines of the three schools I was planning to apply to and discoverd that UCLA is out now because I waited so long to take the test. So, I added two New York schools just for the hell of it.

I spent the last half hour checking all the admission requirements. (No, I was working. Seriously.) Who knew that film school was just as expensive as medical school? Christ.

USC = $56k for 2 years
AFI = $105k for 2 years
NYU = $122k for 3 years
Columbia = $72k for 2 years

I am going to have to sell drugs or something just to pay for tuition.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

You could always apply for a job at one of said institutions and then they would pay your tuition. :) My masters program (if I get my head out of my ass and apply) would only be a bit over 25k. And how much of that will I pay? None. :D Of course, an MPA (masters public administration) is far different than fancy schmancy film degree. Earning potential far different too. And think, unlike doctor's, you won't have to have malpractice insurance!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home