Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Older, Wiser and with Better Hair

A blogger regular recently posted a pic of herself on her blog, that looked like a high school senior picture, so I was searching around on my old web site to see if I had a funny picture of me online that I could post.

I came across a picture of me from the night of my senior prom. I totally look like Amy Fisher, Long Island Lolita. And, yes, it does appear that I have two prom dates. Slut.



For comparison:


And as a bonus, here is the story of my senior prom:

The guy on the right was my date, Brian. The more attractive guy on the left, Dan, was the date of my friend, Missy, who we were going to pick up next. Everyone was "going as friends." I had just broken up with my boyfriend and had already bought all the prom stuff. Brian worked with me at Subway and was also a senior, but at the other high school in town. Since he wasn't going to his prom, he said he'd go with me to mine. Dan and Missy had never dated and were good friends.

We did all the regular prom stuff: went to dinner, went to the dance, went to a drunken hotel party after. At the party, Dan was totally hitting on me. I was quite flattered. Missy must have had her man-poacher radar set to super sensitive, because she quickly joined us on the balcony and stood between me and Dan. I was a little miffed because we had all gone as friends, right? I had no romantic interest in Brian, but Dan had real boyfriend potential.

We changed clothes and left the party soon after to walk along the beach nearby. We stopped and sat on some rocks for awhile, just chatting (Dan still mildly flirting with me) and enjoying the buzz from the booze. Dan and Missy saw a gas station a couple blocks away and went for some sodas.

Brian started to get his groove on, but kept chickening out when it came time to kiss me, which was probably due to the mixed signals I was sending. Making out is fun, but I had kind of been hoping to snag the other guy. Brian finally asked, "Michelle, would it be ok if I kissed you?" Which I thought was the cutest thing ever, so I said yes.

Of course, Missy and Dan were on their way back with the sodas and saw us kissing. We went back to the hotel party where Brian and I made out under a blanket for ages. Dan and Missy twiddled their thumbs in a corner or something. When the sun came up, we picked up some Egg McMuffins and headed home.

Epilogue

Brian and I were bickering one night at Subway when we were closing and he said something rude to me to which I replied, "Whatever, at least I don't kiss like a puppy." About a month later, he went with me to a party but we never went inside. We made out in his car in the parking lot instead. He had wanted to prove to me that he had learned his lesson and didn't kiss like a puppy anymore.

I later dated a friend of his and found out that the two of them discussed what nice boobs I had.

Dan never showed interest in me again.

Dan and Missy later dated in college.

I finally gave my prom dress to Goodwill last year, the same year that Missy married a man she met at church.

Wait! There's more!

This picture was taken in Vegas, five years ago at my 25th birthday party. Missy is the one on the far right and I am the one in the blue camo shirt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Kate the Peon said...

I'm the blogger regular!!!! And it wasn't a senior picture, it was a sorority photo. But, yeah, my senior pics look the same.

Is it wrong to say that Missy looks much, much older than you?

7:23 PM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

KTP, It isn't wrong of you, and I love you for it. Missy has always looked older than the rest of us. To make up for it, though, she has always been tall and thin.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home