Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Spare Some Change?

Okay, since Joanne is going to hell for her Pink Ribbons post, she'll need some company and I'm happy to wait in line with her.

I actually started writing this post a few days ago and then my supreme worry about that fucker Murphy and his goddamn stupid laws got the better of me. I'll probably end up dying a slow and miserable death for this one, but oh well.

To everybody who has asked or is thinking of asking me to donate money for their walk/run/swim/bike/climb for (insert charity name here), please stop it. I appreciate that you're helping out, but don't be offended when I don't want to donate to your cause. I'm happy that you're trying to raise awareness by sweating your ass off but if I donated money to everyone who asked me, I'd be working solely for several non-profits and George W's defense program.

Last week, a "friend" who hasn't bothered to email me in over six months decided that I was worthy enough to be on her distro list for some exercise-related fundraise that her husband was doing. She didn't even tell me that she had gotten married! Unsubscribe me, pretty please.

I wonder what colour flip flops I should pack for my trip to Satanville.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Pink flip-flops! (This should not be taken as an endorsement of the pink ribbon mafia.)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Kate the Peon said...

Asbestos-colored, definitely.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

You bring the salt & limes and I'll bring the tequila and we can have a great time!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home