Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Work grumble

I have several today...

1 - Now that my boss has returned. I'm back out of the loop again. I hate that. This shit affects me too. And while she was gone I got to participate and help make decisions. I'm not 9... (although I am whining like I am. :) )

2 - We are shorthanded since one of my coworkers left. She and Ruth sat down at the front office and although mostly Ruth was the receptionist/front desk person, Jess filled in for lunches and meetings and the like. Now that Jess is gone, and Ruth is moving up we're interviewing for a new front desk person, but until that person gets hired, yours truly has to be front desk person for lunches & meetings and crap. I hate sitting down there... AND you would think since they KNOW we are short handed they could cut the meeting that Ruth has to go to, nope... still in existence.

3 - Because we are short handed and my boss only works 1/2 time, I can't go to this training I wanted to go to in October. Ok Ok I'm whining and really MY life hasn't been inconvenienced THAT much... I'm just crabby I suppose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Grumpy because you want her job! I understand completely.

On another note, that lady who got the editorial position I applied for here is not well-liked. Is the fact that I am the tiniest please by that an instance of schadenfreude of just plain bitchiness?

10:00 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Bosses should all be put in a cupboard somewhere and locked away. Anything to stop them peering over our shoulders, sniveling, whining: "why are you doing it *that* way...?" As you can propably tell, I've had alot of experience with horrible bosses.

Before I go, I'd also just like to congratulate Michelle on her use of the word 'schadenfreude' in her comment. The world needs more people who use the word 'schadenfreude'...

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home