Monday, November 22, 2004

Christmas Shopping Peeve

Each year my family does lists. It makes life oh so much easier... everyone except my mother the most impossible person on the planet to shop for. And hypocritical, she actually asks for the lists, but won't make one because "We should know her well enough by now to know what she wants." I would point out the hypocrisy but that means I end up with things for Christmas like a Charlie's Angels Full Throttle hat instead of the DVD I asked for. (A hat purchased at a yard sale I may add). So this year I send out a list with a variety of items in varying price ranges. And now begins the go-round. She wants to buy me something personal like jewelrey or a coat. We have very different tastes in jewelrey and to let her buy me a coat would mean she would know my size. It all just makes me too tired. I would suggest not getting anyone anything except Kayla (who is 6 or 8?) but that would send the woman over the edge, so I guess it is LL Bean jammies & slippers again this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home