Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Coverage (not really)

I have the election coverage on in the background and I look up at it from my reading every now and then. Several times I have caught a glimpse of a name in the ticker at the bottom of the screen and it reminded me of a discussion we had at lunch about last names. There is some Republican, running for some office in some state, going by the name of Crapo. Why would you not change that?

The discussion at lunch included a woman who changed her last name from Major to Weiner when she got married. (Husband insists on pronouncing it Weener. Wife fortunately did not choose the hyphenate Major-Weiner.) Also included was a man whose last name is Tykcxinzkky (or, something similar) and who despaired of ever finding a woman who would take his last name. Then he met Miss Dick. And they lived happily ever after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home