Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Freezing!

It was below freezing last night. And, this morning, when I got in my car, it was 34 degrees. There was frost on the windshield and on the grass. I guess I have forgotten everything I learned when I lived in Alaska. First, I had to go back into the house to get a coat. Second, I thought that a good way to clear the frost from the windshield would be to squirt near-freezing wiper fluid at it. Nice, iced over windshield. Third, I thought that if I kept squirting near-freezing wiper fluid at it, that would work. I didn't have anything to scrape the windshield with so I went back into the house to get a cup of hot water. Worked like a charm. Really, though, I should have to deal with this crap. This is Los Angeles!

P.S. I couldn't just leave it running and let the defrost do the work because I was completely out of gas and worried about having enough to make it to the gas station.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Isn't there some rule about not dumping hot water on a cold windshield? Something about it cracking? I think you're supposed to use cool water. But really, I don't know, so maybe you should ignore my suggestions altogether and ask a boy.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home