Friday, November 26, 2004

Gah! Christmas Again

How many more days? Seriously? My mother will have made me completely insane by the time it rolls around. I ask her for a list, she IM's it to me. In the course of the IM I say thank you but can you please EMAIL it so that I can have something to reference. She continues to IM me ideas. NOW, I just got back from Bed, Bath & Beyond. She IM's me, did I go shopping? Yes. What did you buy. I rattle off a list of things including one bathmat. Oh, she's sorry I bought a bathmat. Why, I ask. Because she was going to buy me a bathmat for Christmas. I can't get the woman to buy me the devil duck shower curtain I'm dying for but she is going to randomly buy me a bathmat? Apparently it matches the trashcan she thinks I need, who wants a trashcan and a bathmat for Christmas??

I realize I should be extremely thankful that she is buying me Christmas presents and thinking of me blah blah blah, but on some level this whole discussion represents our typical dynamic. She wants ideas of what I want/like. I give them to her. She doesn't like what I want/like so she translates them into something entirely different - that she likes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home