Monday, November 08, 2004

Meeting etiquette

I've spent the day in a training about Medicare. I did this voluntarily so it isn't punishment for any wrong doing but there are a few peeves that just grated the whole time I was in the meeting.

1 - If you are late, sneak in the back door and grab the handouts later. Don't make a big production of coming in and getting handouts. (Which if the meeting facilitator thought they would've put the handouts in the back to begin with).
2 - TURN OFF YOUR FUCKING CELL PHONES! Seriously. Unless you are a physician waiting a call on a transplant organ or...no really that's the only reason I can think of that makes it okay to not only keep the cell phone on, and to take the call. Corollary to this, if you leave your cell phone on, leave the meeting to take the call. Don't sit there in the middle of the meeting talking on your cell phone and being a distraction.
3 - Start the meeting on time! I actually managed to get my ass there on time, don't disrespect me by waiting for the stragglers.
4 - Biggest peeve Joanne has... Random stoppers. When we're sitting in rows and I have to wait for others to go in my row to get out... Don't stop at the head of the row to chat with your buddies about where you're going to lunch or to network or whatever. Get the fuck out of the way.

Finally unrelated to meetings... Hey Smokey Smokerson. Don't stand right by the fucking door to smoke your cigarettes. There's a reason the ashtrays are about 10 feet or so from the door. Stand there. I realize it is cold but this is the choice you make when you take up and then continue the filthy habit. I HATE HATE HATE having to walk through your cloud of smoke to get in and out of a building.

(hee Blogger's spell check does not recognize fuck or fucking and wants to replace it with buck and bucking.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Buck that.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home