Sunday, November 28, 2004

One-Idea Wonder

I am nearly done assembling my application for Columbia. The last piece of the puzzle is a one-page, double-spaced, 12-point Courier treatment (synopsis) for a movie idea that is not the same one I am submitting for my dramatic writing sample. I have been working so hard on my one script that I have never really fleshed out the other two movie ideas that I had started work on. Last week, I went to lunch with the screenwriting co-worker who is in my critique group. We talked through one of the ideas and he helped me come up with a direction to go in.

Yesterday, I put it all down on paper. It came out to 5.5 pages. I had the husband read it over dinner. He was not very helpful with his generic, "Sounds good." Today, for the last two hours, I have been struggling to cut 5.5 pages down to one. I have it down to just under two and I am stuck. This is really hard! For example, using the header they want me to use and all of the parameters I mentioned in the beginning, the preceding text in this post comes out to 3/4 of a page. And this is nothing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home