Tuesday, November 16, 2004

VIP Room

Thanksgiving is next week. Damn, that came fast. What that means for me now is that I waited too long to call the kennel about getting the dogs in for this weekend so that I can go to Toronto, since people are already heading out of town for the holiday. I had to call their old kennel (a.k.a. The Four Seasons for Dogs with prices to match), which is also the rescue place where we got Shelby. They were also full. Then I said the magic words, "It's for Shelby and Bear. You remember Shelby?" The lady was all, "Oh! Of course, and Bear is such a sweetheart." Suddenly, it was like my dogs were celebrities. She rearranged others dogs and made room for Bear and Shelby "at the ranch," but the ranch, though close to where we used to live, is not so close to where we live now. So I asked the lady if I could just drop them off at the nearby location. She said sure. She is going to drive them to the ranch for me.

I may not be able to live like a rock star, but at least my dogs can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I think it is sweet that they love Bear & Shelby so much. Baxter would never have that kind of loyalty. Of course Baxter bites. :) That's a rough life those dogs lead...

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home