Monday, December 13, 2004

Crate and Barrel, you have betrayed me.

Crate and Barrel, we used to be so good together. I loved you in a way that wasn't entirely appropriate, but you were always there for me. For instance, when I decided that I couldn't stand my dining set for a moment longer, you had the perfect set of chairs to spruce up the table until I could find my ultimate one true love of a dining set that would perfectly match my teak china cabinet. Remember that? You should, you shipped those chairs right to my door only a month ago.

Now I find that you have been holding out on me, Crate and Barrel. You have been hiding things from me, things that do not appear in the catalog or on the web site, things that can only be found in the mega Crate and Barrel that has a second floor devoted entirely to furniture. Did you think that I would never look there? Did you think that I would leave you if you showed me the perfect teak dining set that would look fantastic with my china cabinet? Did you you think that I would no longer have any use for you?

Instead, you made me purchase those red chairs thinking I had no alternative. Now I have to borrow someone's truck, return those chairs to the store and buy the perfect teak dining set. You made extra work for me, Crate and Barrel. I don't know if our relationship will ever be the same again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Well duh! Of course the MEGA store has cooler stuff. If your relationship with Crate and Barrel was as close as you say, you would have already known this.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Sadly, the store closest to me has no furniture level. It wasn't until I ventured out to fancy shmancy The Grove that I discovered the teak dining set of my lurid decorating fantasies.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home