Saturday, December 11, 2004

go away and leave me alone

I wish people would just mind their own business and leave me alone. I suppose I can't really complain since I'm putting my life out on the web, but sometimes people should think before they talk, don't you think? Or at the very least, talk to the right person about it. Talk to the person involved, and leave out the extras. You'd think I would be used to that by now, growing up with my mom, to whom the word discreet means nothing. Apparently I haven't learned. I still expect more from people. It gets me down, that I can't really trust people anymore. It's the sort of thing that makes you want to become a hermit. I can understand the people who don't socialize, who have their tight circle and never expand, who keep all details of their lives to themselves. I would like to be that person. It's physically impossible for me. I have always been a talker, an outgoing person who makes friends easily and trusts even easier. As I get older I find myself becoming less trusting and more cynical. I don't want to be cynical. But I think that society demands it. I'm the type of person who tells all about themself, but will hold the secrets of others sacred. I feel that's the way all people should be. Talk about yourself all you want to, but when it comes to other people, keep your mouth shut and let them decide what they want to tell or not tell. You shouldn't be able to make that decision simply because you have information about them. People suck sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home