Thursday, December 02, 2004

Has anyone seen Lopez?

We have ants in our front bathroom. Not a lot of ants, just that every time I go in there I find like four of them near the sink. So I kill them, of course, then a few hours later there's four more. Don't they notice that their friends never come back? Don't they have noses or sonar or something to alert them to the dead ant particles on the sink? Or is it that they do notice the missing ants, and keep sending out search parties? I imagine the scene at the colony like this:

Head Ant: OK, guys, listen up. We sent Jeff, Hannah, Roger, and Steve out to the Hamilton bathroom hours ago. They haven't returned. I need four volunteers to go look for them.

Scott: I'll go, sir. It would be an honor.

Head Ant: That's very noble of you, Scotty. Who will go with this brave soldier?

Hoyt: I'll go.
Jasmine: Me, too.
Jose: Yo tambien.

Head Ant: All right soldiers. Go make me proud!

**Hours later**

Head Ant: We haven't seen as much as an antennae from those four. Who will go look for Scott, Hoyt, Jasmine, and Jose?

Brad: I will, sir. Scott was like a brother to me.

Head Ant: He was like a son to me, I know how you feel. Very good. Who else?

John: I will go with Brad.
Trey: I'm in.
Susan: I'll go too.

Head Ant: Very good. I'm proud of your courage. Bring your brothers and sisters home!

**Anyway, this must go on for days, because they've been coming and coming, searching for their lost friends and relatives. I wonder when they will say enough is enough and give up? Or do I have to kill the entire damn colony, four ants at a time?

1 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Maybe it's the same 4 ants every time. Maybe they've come back to haunt you, like Polter-ants. "They're baaa-aaack!"...

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home