Thursday, December 30, 2004

The In-Laws Have Left the Building

The husband drove his mom and step-dad to the airport at 7:00 this morning. They are now flying somewhere over the middle of the country.

Their visit went well. They were both very nice (not evil) and, dare I even say it, a pleasure to have around. Now, before you go calling the police to report that my body has been snatched and is now inhabited by aliens or zombies or whatever, I have to say that a nine-day visit by the in-laws, nice though they may be, did result in a list a peeves.

1. Step-FIL cannot stay out of the kitchen and has the uncanny ability to predict where you need to be in the kitchen and then stand there. In the way.
2. MIL insisted on paying me $4 for some prints I ordered off of Shutterfly.com for her.
3. MIL did not do a good job of covering her shock over how much money we spend on certain things. Like $5 for valet parking at the mall.
4. Step-FIL left his stuff everywhere. Every flat surface had an empty coffee mug on it sitting on a paper towel.
5. MIL eats lemons. Entire lemons. Skin and all. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home