Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Merci beaucoup, little french dude

Okay, so it's not often that I get all "yay, Canada" on everybody, but I gotta tell you, sometimes it's nice to speak with someone who isn't an idiot and even nicer when they're one of my countrymen.

The Urban Outfitters web site clearly states that gift cards can be ordered in Canadian dollars for use in Canadian stores and they provide two telephone numbers- a toll free number and a number with a Montreal area code. Not wanting to waste precious company money calling Canada, I try the toll free number. Of course, I get the new girl who has no idea where Canada is much less how to input an order for a Canadian gift card. Being a former call centre trainer, I'm unusually sympathetic to the newbies so I give her the benefit of the doubt and hold forever while she tries to find someone to help her figure it out. 10 minutes later my ears are bleeding from the Clay Aiken version of the First Noel, so I hang up and give my peeps in la belle cite a call.

A very knowledgable guy with the cutest little french accent answers, takes all of my information, repeats it back to me (not making one mistake) and I'm done in 5 minutes. Oh and he knew how to spell "Mississauga". "My ex-girlfriend eez from zer. I know ow to spell eet." Fuck you, stupid girl from Colorado.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

I wondered how gift cards worked. I wanted to get one for my in-laws in Newmarket but I wasn't sure what to do so they just got stuff off their Amazon.ca wish list instead.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Never expect more from Colorado.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home