Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Name change

Note to self... when someone changes their name and you reply (semi-logically) "Oh, you got married, congratulations," don't do that anymore. Because Murphy's Law (which I run into far more than I should) means this might bite you in the ass. Case in point, very nice woman comes in and asks how to change her name on the retirement plan. I make above comment. "Oh no," she replies, "Divorce. He didn't want me anymore. I'm very sad." (also think that quote in the most high pitched child like voice ever.) EEK! How does one respond to that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Ha! That reminds me of one lady at the old company who replied with, "Thank God I can get rid of that ridiculous name now!"

If I ever get a divorce (not that I think it will happen) I think I have to keep my married last name. I have been publishing stuff under that name now and I wouldn't want to switch. I like the old last name better, but the new one is more unusual. One guy at my present job, upon finding out what my maiden name was, declared that it was too froofy for me. Ha!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home