Thursday, December 16, 2004

No more... for the love of something

No more! No more of these Next uber special person shows. Seriously... The next member of the WWF (or WWE or whatever) is being decided as I type this. Yesterday we got the next top model. Surprisingly enough (or maybe not so much) and actually as I type this I see a commercial for the show so I am completely wrong... I was going to say surprisingly enough the next boxing star show got cancelled, but apparently not. I think the Oscar De La Hoya one got cancelled. But NBC didn't learn their lesson. Missy Elliot is putting together the next hip hop artist. NBC will have SI's next sports illustrated swimsuit model. There is, of course, the granddaddy of them all American Idol. When will this end? I can't take it anymore. Give me back crap sitcoms. Please. I'll even watch the insufferable Tim Allen or Al Bundy with 10 kids in a new sitcom by Brenda Hampton featuring Jesus teaching me a very special lesson about the evils of smoking or wearing pants if I could just not have to see "The Next Top/Famous/Uber Important Whatever..."

3 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

You forgot the one about the next oppressor of normal size women. Oh, I mean the next fashion designer or whatever that stupid shit is that Heidi Klum is whoring out every five minutes on my TV.

10:25 AM  
Blogger TerraT said...

I've been hearing all this background dialogue on TV about how the comedy sitcoms are dying out and being replaced by reality shows, which I am soooo hoping is NOT true. I can't take all this drivel. Plus I'm addicted to comedy sitcoms. I freak out if I miss Scrubs.

And I hate American Idol, but I love karaoke. Go figure.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Like the housing market, it eventually has to hit its peak and decline, right? Right? Dear lord, please let that be right.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home