Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Job I want peeve & real pet peeve

So it has dawned on me that if I get my boss's job that I desperately want, I am going to have to dress the part a little better. Not that I go to work as a total schlub, but just nicer than what I currently wear. No problem, if I get my boss's job with more $$ I can afford to dress nicer. The bigger problem is that for the most part, dressing professionally is tailored. Tailored is fitted. Joanne is not fit. Joanne is not a size 2 by any stretch of the imagination. (Joanne likes to refer to herself in the 3rd person) Fitted on fat chicks doesn't look so good. Sigh.

Baxter (for those that don't know small sable ferret, maybe 6 inches off the ground tops) likes to run around under my feet. When I am walking down the short hall from the bedroom or bathroom to the living room she is constantly either right where I am picking up a foot or right where I'm putting a foot down. As a result she is constantly getting kicked or I am walking some weird stilted way down the hall. Then I feel guilty for having kicked her, even though she forced me to. She keeps coming back for it, though, so I'm leaning towards some masochistic behaviors. Either that or she is too codependent to get out of the abusive situation. Considering she probably has gender identity disorder because I originally thought she was a boy (for years, long story she was already fixed and bit so it wasn't like I could do a lot of investigating, and the penis on boy ferrets retracts all the way inside so there really was nothing to see), I guess this isn't too shocking.

1 Comments:

Blogger TerraT said...

You know what I hate about that style show on TLC? They are always covering up the larger girls in big baggy clothes. BS! That makes them look dumpy. I am sorry, but you are not automatically unattractive when you are bigger, that is just a whole load of commercialized bull. Don't buy into it Joanne, there is a cut of clothes out there professional and gorgeous that will make you look and feel fabulous.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home