Thursday, January 27, 2005

Must Flee TV

What the hell happened to Thursday night TV? It sucks big time. Joey blows. And after that god-awful Apprentice finale last season, I refuse to watch that overly predictable crapfest anymore. ER lost me four seasons ago. I know Survivor hasn't started up and CSI and Without A Trace are good, but not appointment TV for me. Never saw the O.C., bitch.

I'll be good and take my laptop to Starbucks and do some writing tonight. And while I'm there I will resist every temptation to try that new chocolate drink that I see on every billboard. I just gotta stay strong and keep looking at the lame French saying of the day calendar sitting on my desk with today's edition: "Ca me grossit, ce manteau."

Translation? This coat makes me look fat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

You are so going to buy that chocolate drink.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I'm sure the coat doesn't make you look fat (and what a USEFUL phrase to learn). I originally would've agreed with you on the Apprentice, because yes that finale was PAINFUL!, but this season's first episode was kind of good. The person who got fired deserved it. They (the apprenti) tried to do the every jump up and down and point thing like last year, but it didn't work. The Don actually saw through their smoke screen and fired the right person. There's still a chance this first episode was a fluke, but I'm going to give it a chance. Some of the people are actually... likeable. Otherwise, I agree. Survivor actually lost me 1st season. ER lost me smallpox year, and I too couldn't get into the OC.

3:12 PM  
Blogger cat said...

generally i do not watch thursday night tv since my boy has to watch the wrasslin'. only he thinks that smackdown now sucks, so i get to play my ps2 game. woo!

have you seen committed yet? i saw it once and nealy peed myself laughing. first time that's happened to me for a sitcom since... um... wow. um. family ties when i was little??

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home