Thursday, January 13, 2005

Road Rage

So, last night I left work at 5:40. At 7:40, after sitting in the most god awful traffic mess (and why is it when you listen to traffic reports, they never mention the goddam traffic jam you are sitting in!) I had made it all the way to Brentwood. Now let me explain that Brentwood is about three miles from the office. I had moved 3 fucking miles in two fucking hours, with another 14 miles to go! Suddenly, that Baja Fresh on San Vicente looked like an awfully good place to stop and wait things out. After about an hour, traffic had thinned out a bit, but I still didn't get home until 9:30! To make matters worse, I missed "Lost" and "Alias." Fortunately, I called my friend and he taped them for me. Otherwise, someone would have paid with the health of their car! This morning? Just as bad! I gotta get a job close to home or I'll have a coronary!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

One would think that a 17 mile commute isn't that much at all. One also misses Baja Fresh and would/could rub it in that one WALKS the 1/2 mile to work and home each day. But one wouldn't do that because that would be mean. :) One can commiserate, though, because one used to work 60 miles away at the worst job she has ever had so...

9:37 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

30 of course. I used to live there, I have vague memories of parking on the 101 (which was by far one of the better freeways especially since I was in suburbia and not downtown anywhere.) I can still remember sitting on the 405 on our way to a concert where I managed to take out the braids in my hair and re-french braid them, while sitting in a convertible with the top down.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Actually I took the ACT. What do you mean? Shut up it is a real test! Just because every angsty teenage show on the planet doesn't feature it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :)

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home