Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Speaking of tsunami donations

Okay, so first I have to admit that I am totally in love with Sandra Bullock. So, when I saw that she gave $1 million to the effort I thought, "That's my girl." So, then in the same article it says that Leonardo Dicaprio pledged a "sizeable" donation as well. What the hell does that mean? Sizeable? More like "I'm too embarrassed to admit I gave so much less than Sandy pledged so this should make it sound like I'm not cheap." I mean, who gets more per picture (that's "gets" not "deserves")? Dude, you made a movie on one of those destroyed beaches. Still, when I compare how much Sandy (see how close we are that I can call her "Sandy?") makes in a year versus what I make per year, suddenly my small donation seems pretty good in comparison--especially compared to Dicaprio!

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

If I were into chicks, I think I'd really dig Sandra Bullock. She just seems so down to earth and normal. I am impressed she both donated 1 mil to tsunami relief and 1 mil after 9/11.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Joanne, you just wrote, "If I were into chicks..." You are getting closer and closer to your first lesbian experience.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

A woman who used to work here was Sandra Bullock's personal assistant for a while and apparently she is quite unstable and says things like "You need to change your shirt because it's really cute and there's no way that I'm going out with you looking cuter than me".

And yeah so she's donated $1 million to the tsunami relief effort but our boy Leo has his own foundation that consistently provides support (monetary and otherwise) for important environmental organizations. He doesn't sit around waiting for natural disasters before he pulls out the wallet.

I will never forgive Sandra Bullock for the garbage that is Two Weeks Notice. Christ, how about using your celebrity influence to get them to fix the grammatical error in the movie title?

I'm crabby today.

5:59 PM  
Blogger TerraT said...

I heard about her donation on the radio. I think that's great. Especially since Coca Cola only gave a million. Big company like that should be kicking down way more than Sandra B.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home