Sunday, January 02, 2005

Theater Peeve

I just got back from The Lion King, where I was a paying customer not just a volunteer. I paid a lot of money for my seat (a lot being relative, you know) to have a person behind me rattling a damn candy wrapper through a large portion of the 2nd half. Now firstly, the theater has a no food policy inside. Secondly why in the hell did she keep waiting until there was quiet dialog or quiet song vs when the entire cast and the entire orchastra playing to rattle the damn candy wrappers? At first I thought it was one of the kids sitting behind me, so I kept doing that half look where I don't really turn around but kind of like I'm going to glare. When that didn't work I really turned almost all the way around to discover it was a damn grown up! I glared and it was stopped shortly after. When you're in the middle of the seat in a darkened theater in the middle of a Broadway show, it is not the most opportune time to get up and find an usher to beat the woman with the little tiny usher flashlight.

edited because apparently Wrattling is not how you spell rattling and Michelle is anal. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger TIMMY! said...

LMAO - great post. I've been in the same situation lots of time. As both parties. But when I'm unwrapping something, it is loud and I'm quick and put it away because I know how annoying it can be.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home