Friday, January 07, 2005

what happened to school busses

Every day I drive past that Beverly Hills school where all the parents drop off their kids. Here is the selection of vehicles: Cadillac Escalade, BMW X5, Land Rover, Lincoln Navigator, Porsche Cayenne. And of course, the occasional Grand Cherokee carrying the poor kids. Those damn things block the street and every day I say I have to find a way around it. Today, dealing with the pouring rain, I couldn't take it. So the guy in front of me makes one of those quick decision left turns that basically say, "Fuck this. I'm not dealing. I know a better way." So, I make the quick too left thinking "OK, this guy knows the way around this." I followed him and he leads my right back to the school from a different street. Bastard!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Oh please, you think the little fancyass kiddos that go to some fancyass Beverly Hills school would ride something as gauche and tacky as a school bus? No that's for really po' kids. I always love it when I'm driving and follow someone thinking they know what they're doing and I get lost even worse. That really is the life I lead.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

Ha! We have similar mornings, but mine sounds less frustrating. On my route, I pass two fancyass schools in Bel Air. One (superfancy) has it's own stoplight, so there is no traffic obstruction. When the light turns green for them, it is like a luxury SUV parade. I saw one minivan and I figured that was the maid, not the mom. The other school (less fancy) has no light and all the parents are always trying to turn left into the parking lot across an endless line of commuters (me) taking a shortcut through the hills to avoid the freeway. I never let them turn in front of me.

11:48 AM  
Blogger cat said...

i always figured that school busses were simply banned from beverly hills. i mean, when i think "schoolbus" i don't think i have ever thought "beverly hills". not one of my word associations let me tell you.

unless they just pick everyone up in those SUV limo things?

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home